I need an income source
Bookkeeping work has always been a popular job for anyone wanting to work closer to home and with flexible hours. With increasing computer skills, Internet access and other factors like the 2020 pandemic and high city property prices there is even more compelling factors that enable bookkeepers to perform their work from home and avoid the cost of travelling to work each day.
I want to find a job
- Pre Qualify and sign up for membership to the bookkeeper directory
- Use the Career Academy training programs to be more confident in applying for jobs
- Enrol into an accounting training course
- Connect with industry participants, and
- Explore the option of perform work as an intern.
Get discovered as a contract bookkeeper
- Create a bookkeeping business plan
- Define your ideal clients and choose how big you want to grow
- Define your rates and services
- Get discovered online
- Learn how to convert prospects to clients
- Do your work, invoice and get paid quickly
See our bookkeeping business options
I need to learn more
Training Course Introduction
Our students range from business owners and managers, professional bookkeepers and job seekers and we have a training course package to suit every need.
- Bookkeepers and BAS Agents need to upskill to learn different software programs and business skills (as well as maintain their professional development)
- Business owners learn how to use software so they can be better managers and perform some of the tasks themselves, and
- Job seekers need to learn more to confidently apply for accounting jobs.
- Discover our online training courses and industry connect services to help you learn what you need to know,
Transition from employee to contractor
Being your own boss is a dream had by many people and it’s easier than you think to get started. National Bookkeeping offers a licence model which enables you to own 100% of your bookkeeping business and income for a low startup and annual fee.
The extra skills needed to be a contractor are business and marketing skills as well as soft skills for working with people, managing projects and organising your own time – plus you need to send an invoice to be paid!
See our bookkeeping business options
Beginner level bookkeepers are in high demand
Although many people feel they need to complete a Cert IV in Bookkeeping and Accounting, then become a registered BAS agent to be able to perform bookkeeping work, but that is not the case. You can be a contract bookkeeper performing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Management tasks quickly and cheaply.
Businesses rely on these bookkeeping tasks to manage their cashflow and finances so it is very important and involves working with source documents like quotes, invoices, receipts and purchase orders.
I need a bookkeeper for our business
Accounting is a necessary aspect of every business just to be compliant with the Australian Taxation Office. This means knowing how to treat every transaction and understanding the nuances of the industry that you business operates in.
If you’re looking for a bookkeeper for your business it’s important to define their role or job description. This will outline the tasks they need to perform and better define how much tax and industry knowledge they need.
It is often smart to hire someone for beginner level tasks to perform most of the accounting tasks performed every day and then get a contract BAS agent for finalising BAS and payroll related work.
The final stage in hiring a good bookkeeper is to know how much you can afford and decide whether you’d rather pay a fixed weekly fee or an hourly rate.
Our members include junior bookkeepers, experienced business owners and finance managers.
I’d like to see a sample
FREE Payroll Beginners Training Course
- Payroll Administration is a very important aspect for every business
- Get a sample of our Payroll Training Course Materials
- See current discount promo codes
- Get FREE Xero Beginners Training