Kickstart or Reinvent Your Career with the National Bookkeeping Career Academy Success Program
If you’re a student who has enrolled in our online training courses you are entitled to receive access to the Career Academy Program to help you find work or advance in your career for FREE
The National Bookkeeping Career Academy training pathways program is a detailed guide that takes you through the steps you need to take to start getting paid for the new skills you have acquired.
How to get the job you want
The National Bookkeeping Career Academy Program is available with Industry Connect and contains:
- real-life case study examples,
- checklists, and
- questions you can answer to improve your self-confidence and narrow down the list of jobs you ideally want and are suited to.
We provide you with insight into what employers are looking for and what skills and attributes you can hone that will make you more employable.
If your confidence is low or you just want to be able to speak with someone who is in the type of job you’re looking for (or higher) then choose an accounting training course package which includes Industry Connect.
Our students undertake our online training courses because they are
- starting their careers,
- contemplating changing careers,
- want further career advancement, or
- want extra sources of income
The National Bookkeeping Career Academy reveals career options available in Australia, where the work is and what you can do to give yourself the best chance of employment in a new career.
It shows you how to create a personalised Career Plan, as brief or detailed as you like, to keep you on track.
The employment process
The Career Academy Pathways Program outlines the process that job seekers go through to find a new job, namely:
- Creating, updating and fleshing out a professional resume — including how to provide relevant and demonstrable examples
- Understanding what YOU are seeking in this job and what other factors are important to you (for example, work-life balance or managing competing priorities in your life with your work, looking at what opportunities there are for career development etc.)
- Realising the future opportunities for growth available in selected industries
- How to write covering letters and emails that will stand out and show off some of your personality while still remaining professional
There is also:
- How to effectively research the business or employer before making phone contact
- How to conduct yourself in a telephone job interview
- How to present yourself at a face-to-face interview for a job
- Tips from employers about what they look for in job candidates
- How to negotiate a salary package
- Tips on how to get off to the best start in your new job.
Demystifying the job search process
Looking for a new job is not something any of us do all that often. It is particularly daunting if you have been out of the workforce for several years for whatever reason — including raising a family, caring for an elderly or sick relative, redundancy, or recovering from illness or injury.
Many people, even if they’ve been in constant employment, are unfamiliar with how much the job seeking landscape has changed with the internet and advent of LinkedIn and other social media, not only for advertising jobs but for advertising oneself. The way people search for jobs is changing all the time and many people use a combination of methods to find work and get in contact with prospective employers.
The Career Academy outlines some of these methods and their effectiveness; including gleaning the job websites and newspapers, the power of LinkedIn, using a recruitment agency and attending network events and using referrals.
The Career Academy Training Programs give you clear strategies on how to win work and find a job that will suit you and your circumstances.
Online Training Course Study Planner
Enrolling into a new training course will help you get new knowledge and skills but for most people this means studying while they are bringing up a family or while they are working so it’s important to have good time management skills.
Students choose online training courses because they can study whenever they have a spare moment – at night, on weekends, during the day – and they can study in small blocks of time like an hour or two rather than have to block out a full or half day.
Get some FREE Training Samples
There’s one way to see the quality of the training and support you receive when you choose us and that is to use our resources for FREE!
Bookkeeping Central is our opportunity to give something to you so you get that chance AND just for trialling us for free you’ll also receive discounts on our courses!
Promotion Codes and Discounts
Our courses, training and support in learning how to use accounting software in Australia changes from time to time so please make contact and let us know what you want to learn and we’ll send you the current promotion codes and offer details.
Become an Online Tutor or Training Affiliate
If you are already working in the accounts department for your organisation and have over 2 years experience inquire with us about become an accounting tutor or the affiliate training program.
These programs will give you the opportunity to have multiple forms of income, including the ability to work remotely from home.